Patron: Dr. Thomas de Maizière, Federal Minister of the Interior, MP
GPEC will offer again the most representative overview of relevant products for internal security for literally all kinds of equipment - especially information and communications technology, vehicle technology and traffic control, weapons and tools, clothing and personal equipment, forensic science and technology. With this specialized orientation and dimension already GPEC 2014 was the only specialized event in Germany under the patronage of the Federal Minister of the Interior.
The character of GPEC as unique special event and service provider for Police and Special Equipment will be strengthened anew and more distinctively developed in the future. As a result the importance of the specialized exhibition as the core of the whole event will be increased again.
Topics, conferences, presentations and trainings could be acquired that are of particular significance for the participation of relevant members of authorities responsible for technology and procurement:
- Specialised conference Weapons and Equipment, organised by the Institute for Police Technology (PTI) of the German Police University (DHPol)
This annual official specialized conference takes place at GPEC for the first time in 2016 and not in Nuremberg!
- Conference "Lessons learned and equipment requirements of the Federal and Länder Riot Police Forces"
This current topic is of significant importance for procurements.
- Specialised conference Aviation Security held by the German Federal Ministry of the Interior
- Specialised conference Fleet Management for Official and Patrol Cars, organised by the Institute for Police Technology (PTI) of the German Police University (DHPol) and the German Federal Ministry of the Interior
- Specialised conference of the PTI on CAN-Bus-Systems in patrol cars
- Special presentations/topics: Interactive Patrol Cars, e-Mobility, Body Armor
- Security Technology Research in co-operation with the German Police University (DHPol)
- 13th Official Control Rooms Congress = 1st International Control Rooms Congress organized by CCExpo with simultaneous translation English-German
- Procurement seminar with Dr. Jan Byok
- DiTaktik: Teaching, training and working tools for training and command and control in operations
- Bluelight-Forum: BOS-net digital radio and more ICT topics, vehicles and traffic, armoured vehicles, weapons and equipment, uniforms, forensic technologies, UAS, CCTV in public areas, and others
- TASER European Technology Summit
- Seminars of CIS officers on
- Common IT and case research and working systems
- Mobile Big Data
- Forensic live: A training crime scene in the exhibition hall
- Shooting range in the exhibition hall with training ammunition: Car shooting with hand guns and rifles
GPEC General Police Equipment Exhibition & Conference is Europe's leading closed specialized trade fair for members of authorities. The focus is on police and special equipment, safety and rescue technology and respective services. This branch meeting that is unique in Central Europe addresses the following target groups:
- Border Guard
- Customs and Financial Bodies
- Prison Service and Justice
- Government Services and Agencies
- Special Forces
- Military Police
- Gendarmerie and Infantry
It reaches executives, technicians, procurement officers, instructors and end users at international, national and regional level. Members of parliament responsible for security tasks or budget matters are also admitted. A broad programme of fringe events with conferences, seminars, trainings and official working group meetings round out GPEC that took place for the first time in the year 2000. It takes place every two years in Germany. Organizer is Exhibition & Marketing Wehrstedt GmbH.
- Interdepartmental and interdisciplinary exchange of information
- Tendencies and technologies for state-of-the-art equipment and training of state security forces as well as
- Strengthening of state security, the fight against terrorism and for homeland security
General (ret.) Ulrich K. Wegener
Architect of GSG 9 and its first Commander
Director in the Federal Police Achim Friedl
Head of division B6; Technical equipment and logistics for the Federal Police Germany