Motto 2016: Thinking and equipping from the job
Current exhibitor registrations: 523 from 32 countries
Patron: Dr. Thomas de Maizière, Federal Minister of the Interior, MP
Since the year 2000 GPEC is the first and only representative overview of products for internal security for all subject fields and kinds of equipment in Germany - especially information and communications technology, vehicle technology and traffic control, weapons and tools, clothing and personal equipment, forensic science and technology. As closed event GPEC is accessible only for professional visitors from authorities that can present a service ID card. Thus resulting confidential and qualified discussions make GPEC popular among visitors from authorities and exhibitors. This characteristics as unique, closed specialized event will be further strengthened and distinctively developed in the future. As a result the importance of the specialized exhibition as the core of the whole event will be further increased.
An up-to-date program for further education and training consisting of specialized conferences, workshops and trainings as well as official working group meetings scheduled for GPEC round off the event as service provider for internal security.
At the 8th GPEC in 2014 more than 6,600 security experts from 62 countries met with more than 500 exhibitors from 28 countries from 5 continents.
With this specialized orientation and dimension GPEC 2016 is the only specialized event in Germany under the patronage of the Federal Minister of the Interior.
Topics, conferences and trainings could be acquired that are of particular significance for the participation of relevant members of authorities responsible for technology and procurement:
- Aviation Security - Technology and equipment for the safety in civil aviation under authority of the Federal Ministry of the Interior (9th June 2016)
- Specialized conference of the Institute for Police Technology PTI of the German Police University DHPol DHPol "The police patrol car of the future" (9th June 2016)
- 13th Official Control Rooms Congress = ICR International Control Rooms Congress - organized by CCExpo (8th June 2016)
- Procurement seminar with lawyer Dr. Jan Byok (8th June 2016)
- IT workshops:
By invitation only / Closed session:
- Specialized conference Weapons and Equipment, organized by the PTI of the German Police University DHPol (7th June 2016)
This annual official specialized conference always takes place at GPEC from 2016 onwards and not in Nuremberg!
- Specialized conference Police Patrol Car of the Future, organized by the PTI of the German Police University DHPol and the German Federal Ministry of the Interior (8th June 2016; only for authorities)
- Conference "Lessons learned and equipment requirements of the Länder Riot Police Forces" (by invitation of the Riot Police Force)
- Session of the new "Working group command, control and operational equipment on behalf of the UA FEK" (AG FEM) of AK II of IMK (7th and 8th June 2016, only for appointed members of the working group)
- Experts workshop "Protection and weapons for law enforcement first responders" (9th June 2016, invited authorities only)
- Presentation on the state of the national research and development project "Mobile voice and data communications / C3I system for special forces units (SOF-NET)"
- "IT Forensics 2020"
Optimization in the handling of digital traces and evidences by using modern IT infrastructures and technologies (only by invitation of the State office of criminal investigation of the Free State of Saxony: Falk Böttcher, René Klose, Department 3, SN4C)
- Special Forces meeting (by invitation of SEK Saxony)
- Special presentations/topics
- Interactive patrol car
- Protective clothing and ballistic protection
- DiTaktik: Teaching, training and working tools for training and command and control in operations
- Kick-off presentation transport security technology (8th June 2016)
- Bluelight Forums:
- BOS digital radio, special communication networks, body worn video, geospatial intelligence and other ICT topics
- Vehicles and traffic
- Armoured vehicles
- Maritime Security
- Weapons and devices
- Clothing and tactical equipment
- Forensic technologies
- CCTV in public areas: Video surveillance, securing evidences, documentation
- TASER European Technology Summit incl. the TASER AXONflex™ and AXONbody™ camera
- Forensics live: Training crime scenes in the exhibition hall
- Firearms training: Tactical Car shooting with hand guns and rifles
- Demo Area with practical presentations
GPEC General Police Equipment Exhibition & Conference is Europe's leading closed specialized trade fair for members of authorities. The focus is on police and special equipment, safety and rescue technology and respective services. This branch meeting that is unique in Central Europe addresses the following target groups:
- Border Guard
- Customs and Financial Bodies
- Prison Service and Justice
- Government Services and Agencies
- Special Forces
- Military Police
- Gendarmerie and Infantry
It reaches executives, technicians, procurement officers, instructors and end users at international, national and regional level. Members of parliament responsible for security tasks or budget matters are also admitted. A broad programme of fringe events with conferences, seminars, trainings and official working group meetings round out GPEC that took place for the first time in the year 2000. It takes place every two years in Germany. Organizer is EMW Exhibition & Media Wehrstedt GmbH.
- Interdepartmental and interdisciplinary exchange of information
- Tendencies and technologies for state-of-the-art equipment and training of state security forces as well as
- Strengthening of state security, the fight against terrorism and for homeland security
General (ret.) Ulrich K. Wegener
Architect of GSG 9 and its first Commander
Director in the Federal Police (ret.) Achim Friedl
Former Head of division B6; Technical equipment and logistics for the Federal Police and the Länder Riot Police of Germany
Federal Ministry of the Interior