Current exhibitor registrations: 303 from 21 countries
Patron: Dr. Thomas de Maizière, Federal Minister of the Interior, MP
GPEC will offer again the most representative overview of relevant products for internal security for literally all kinds of equipment - especially information and communications technology, vehicle technology and traffic control, weapons and tools, clothing and personal equipment, forensic science and technology. With this specialized orientation and dimension already GPEC 2014 was the only specialized event in Germany under the patronage of the Federal Minister of the Interior.
At the 8th GPEC in 2014 more than 7,000 security experts from 62 countries met with 503 exhibitors (336 national and 167 international ones) from 28 countries from 5 continents.
The character of GPEC as unique special event and service provider for Police and Special Equipment will be strengthened anew and more distinctively developed in the future. As a result the importance of the specialized exhibition as the core of the whole event will be increased again.
Topics, conferences and trainings could be acquired that are of particular significance for the participation of relevant members of authorities responsible for technology and procurement:
- Specialized conference Aviation Security held by the German Federal Ministry of the Interior (9th June 2016)
- Specialized conference Fleet Management for Official and Patrol Cars, organized by the Institute for Police Technology (PTI) of the German Police University (DHPol) and the German Federal Ministry of the Interior (8th June 2016)
- Specialized conference of the PTI of DHPol on CAN-Bus-Systems in patrol cars (9th June 2016)
- 13th Official Control Rooms Congress = ICR International Control Rooms Congress - organized by CCExpo (8th June 2016)
- 6th Procurement seminar with lawyer Dr. Jan Byok (8th June 2016)
- ICT workshops: IT security, standardized case management system, mobile big data
By invitation only / Closed session:
- Specialized conference Weapons and Equipment, organized by the Institute for Police Technology (PTI) of the German Police University (DHPol) (7th June 2016)
This annual official specialized conference takes place at GPEC for the first time in 2016 and not in Nuremberg!
- Conference "Lessons learned and equipment requirements of the Federal and Länder Riot Police Forces"
- Presentation on the state of the national research and development project "Mobile voice and data communications / C3I system for special forces units (SOF-NET)"
- Special presentations/topics
- Interactive patrol car
- Protective clothing and ballistic protection
- Security reasearch and development in cooperation with DHPol
- Kick-off presentation transport security technology
- DiTaktik: Teaching, training and working tools for training and command and control in operations
- BOS digital radio, special communication networks, geospatial intelligence and other ICT topics
- Vehicles and traffic
- Armoured vehicles
- Weapons and devices
- Clothing and equipment
- Forensic technologies
- CCTV in public areas: Video surveillance, securing evidences, documentation
- TASER European Technology Summit incl. the TASER AXONflex™ and AXONbody™ camera
- Forensics live: Training crime scenes in the exhibition hall
- Firearms training: Tactical Car shooting with hand guns and rifles
- Demo Area with practical presentations
GPEC General Police Equipment Exhibition & Conference is Europe's leading closed specialized trade fair for members of authorities. The focus is on police and special equipment, safety and rescue technology and respective services. This branch meeting that is unique in Central Europe addresses the following target groups:
- Border Guard
- Customs and Financial Bodies
- Prison Service and Justice
- Government Services and Agencies
- Special Forces
- Military Police
- Gendarmerie and Infantry
It reaches executives, technicians, procurement officers, instructors and end users at international, national and regional level. Members of parliament responsible for security tasks or budget matters are also admitted. A broad programme of fringe events with conferences, seminars, trainings and official working group meetings round out GPEC that took place for the first time in the year 2000. It takes place every two years in Germany. Organizer is Exhibition & Marketing Wehrstedt GmbH.
- Interdepartmental and interdisciplinary exchange of information
- Tendencies and technologies for state-of-the-art equipment and training of state security forces as well as
- Strengthening of state security, the fight against terrorism and for homeland security
General (ret.) Ulrich K. Wegener
Architect of GSG 9 and its first Commander
Director in the Federal Police Achim Friedl
Head of division B6; Technical equipment and logistics for the Federal Police Germany